Sunday, May 17, 2009

Swimming

Looking back, these 2 weeks have been so different from my 'normal (or rather usual) life'. Yet, this is the 'normal life' that I will be having for the rest of my life.

I don't think I can ever be what I really am ever again. Or it might take many years.

The transition is so abrupt, that I almost have no time to make adjustments. I've been pushed into the pool where I am left to keep afloat, on my own. No longer am I sitting by the pool watching others swim and cheering them on. Now I am the one pulling every stroke, using every means to keep my head above the water.

Each weekend or half day is like a breather, to catch my breath, before i immerse my head into the water to try to swim.

The pool seems to have no end. It merely stretches on further and further.

I am still not used to the heavy chlorinated water that tries to hide its stale, murky, polluted state. I hope I can get used to its smell fast, before it overwhelms me and I sink down forever.

Occasionally there are small floats for me to grab hold of, to rest my tired legs. I truly appreciate these floats, but I am still panting from trying to keep afloat.

Yet, I know I am not alone. Daddy is swimming alongside me, providing small floats along the way. He will not get me a sampan and pull me up into it. But He will stay with me, till i complete the race... He puts salt into the pool so that I may float, so that I will not drown. He swims along to show me that I can do it too.

Daddy gives me the true water to quench my thirst

Daddy, I know sometimes i might swim away from the school, but you will never fail to search across all oceans when i get lost, just to bring me back with everyone else.

Thank you Daddy.

P/S: I am a swimming mosquito. I love it when I see red now and I hate it when no matter how many times i try to poke, I can't see any red. I can only create itchy spots, which don't get me the redness that I need. I get frustrated when I don't see red...

No comments: