Thursday, July 16, 2009

Roller Coaster

Only slightly more than half of this year has gone, yet I feel as if much more has happened this year than any other previous year combined. Haven't really put a finger down or settled my thoughts, but I guess I won't have much of a chance to do so. Realised that I should really keep a diary, cos certain events, once its past, the details of which starts getting eroded off my memory.

Yet, at the same time I feel that certain events should not be spelt out explicitly on such a public space. Yet, other than my sermon diary, the only other place where I write something is here. My sermon's diary not that detailed too. often miss out many things!

So far the year has been that of a Roller Coaster ride. Many ups and downs. There're events that will make you scream your heart out when you plunge down from the top, yet there're events that will make one ride peacefully up to the top. Yet, like on the roller coaster you feel safe no matter what, as you know that no matter how fast or deep you plunge, you're safe, you know that you're strapped tightly to the vehicle. I feel safe because I know God has strapped me tight in the vehicle.

There are times of rest, times of stress; times of joy and times of sorrow. Yet behind all these, I'm joyful as I know God is carrying me.

2009. A significant year indeed. Many of my firsts in my life has happened. There's still another 40% before this year's over. I shall see how the ride continues to be... I do hope that the ride will turn peaceful and less bumpy.

No comments: